Get on the UserMap!
See our full-size Usermap and find out how to become part of the Funtoo Universe!
Join the User Community
Funtoo Linux is focused on the needs of our users. Here's how to get involved:
- Help us maintain content on this wiki. Add yourself to the Funtoo Usermap.
- Our bug tracker is used to track all ongoing development work in Funtoo Linux. If you find a bug in Funtoo Linux, report it here. Also used for enhancement requests.
- Join us in the #funtoo IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
- mailing list
- The funtoo-dev mailing list is used for development discussion.
- Funtoo Forums are available for forum-style Funtoo discussion.
- LarryTheCow.org is a blog aggregation service for Gentoo ecosystem developers and users.
- Funtoo RSS and Atom Feeds displays the latest posts on the Forums and Planet Larry.
Welcome to the Funtoo Wiki!
Funtoo Linux is a Linux-based operating system created by Daniel Robbins, the creator and former Chief Architect of Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux is a Free software, or "Open Source" operating system. All distribution source code is freely available, and it can be used and distributed free of charge.
Who develops and improves Funtoo Linux? You do. We are a completely open meta-distribution that is run by our users and a small group of support staff. Our development centers around the needs of our users. Any user can contribute code and help improve Funtoo Linux functionality on our bug tracker.
Funtoo Linux is also a meta-distribution, which means that it is built automatically from source code and is customized with the functionality that you want it to have, and without the unnecessary features and "bloat" that you want to avoid.
In addition, a Funtoo Linux system is optimized for your CPU, and we offer optimized versions for Intel Core i7, Intel Atom, AMD Opteron, and other processors and architectures.
These combination of factors work together to create an extremely high-performance and flexible computing platform -- a platform where you are in control, and your system performs optimally. We believe that Funtoo Linux is the most ideal expression of how operating system technology "should" work, and we continually strive to make it better.
The Gentoo Ecosystem
We are committed to maintaining high-levels of compatibility and collaboration with the Gentoo Linux project, and challenge ourselves to innovate while providing new approaches that can be easily leveraged by the Gentoo Community. We appreciate the support we receive from members of the Gentoo Community and strive to contribute back to the larger Gentoo Ecosystem.
Ultimate Flexibility for Developers
Does your Linux distribution allow multiple versions of php, python or ruby installed happily alongside each other? Funtoo Linux does. Are you tired of hand-building key packages from source to configure them exactly the way you want? Funtoo Linux allows you to tweak the build-time features of packages using handy things called USE variables. Other distributions are forced to either leave stuff out that you want, or include stuff you don't want.
We support the OpenVZ project and build up-to-date Funtoo Linux OpenVZ containers that you can download. Also see VagrantUp for a nice way to deploy VirtualBox-based Funtoo Linux systems. Metro, our automated distro build tool, is capable of building OpenVZ, Linux VServer and Linux Containers (LXC) images. Funtoo Linux also makes an excellent virtualization host system for Xen.
Funtoo Linux features native UTF-8 support enabled by default, a git-based, distributed Portage Tree and funtoo overlay, an enhanced Portage with more compact mini-manifest tree, automated imports of new Gentoo changes every 12 hours, GPT/GUID boot support and streamlined boot configuration, enhanced network configuration, up-to-date stable and current Funtoo stages, all built using Funtoo's Metro build tool. We also offer Ubuntu Server, Debian, RHEL and Fedora-based kernels.
Funtoo is currently supported on the following processor families :
- PC-compatible, both 32 and 64-bit (x86-32bit, x86-64bit)
- Learn more about Funtoo Linux.
- online casino bonus
- Why you should Choose Funtoo: ...and how it is different from other distros.
- Visit Funtoo Linux Projects and also look at the stuff online for Metro.
- gay roulette
- Learn Core Linux concepts from articles originally written by Daniel Robbins.
- Install Funtoo Linux